Office of the Chief Whip
The whip is elected by Council. The following functions are delegated by Council to the Whip of Council, in terms of national conventions on the duties and functions of the Whippery. The Whip of Council is required to:
- Ensure the effective and efficient functioning of the whippery systems
- Assist with the smooth running of Council meetings
- Ensure that allocation of Councillors to standing committees in accordance with the representation of parties in the Council
- Ensure the allocation of councillors are familiar with code of Conduct for councillors in any meetings, workshops or seminars approved by the Speaker.
- Ensure that councillors are familiar with the Code of Conduct for Councillors and to facilitate training as and when there is such need.